Wednesday, February 13, 2013

DIY Paper Boxes for Valentine Goodies!

I needed something to put my chocolate strawberry chews in for Valentine's Day, as I was rummaging through my stash I found cupcake wrappers. Perfect, unless you are taking them to go. I then thought paper boxes! I would make them to fit around the cupcake wrapper for sweets to go!

 
Grab some colored construction paper, scissors, glue and ribbon!
 

My cupcake wrapper was about 3" wide and 1 1/4" tall.
I started with a 6"x6" square for the bottom of the box.
 
 
The middle of the box  needed to be 3" so I made 1 1/2" cuts down into the sides 1 1/2" leaving my 3" in the middle.
 
 
After making my straight cuts, cut diagonally on the sides into your straight cuts these will be the tabs that you glue to the inside of your box.
 
 
Use a ruler or something similar to make the folds in your paper.
 
 
After folding all four sides your paper should take on the shape of a box.
 
 
Now glue the triangle tabs onto the inside of the box lining up the paper on the sides and top.
 
 
Perfect!
 
Now I wanted my lid to be able to fit over the box with a little room to add ribbon, I also didn't want the lid to fold over the box too much. I cut a 4 1/4" square for the lid of the box. 
 
Same instructions as above only different dimensions for the lid.
I cut down into the sides 1/2" leaving 3 1/4" in the middle.
Continue above instructions for folding and gluing.
 
 
 Size difference between lid and bottom of box. Below
 
 
 
LOVELY!!!!
 
Not decorate however you would like!
 
I had some left over ribbon that worked out :)
 
Now off to make Chocolate Strawberries Chews to fill my boxes!
 
Please always let me know if you have any questions!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment